Bass boat

Several years ago I was a distributor for a company selling microdermabrasion systems.

One day I went to a small town of maybe 9,000 people in southern Louisiana to demonstrate it for a family practice physician who was wanting to expand his services and offer skin care treatments.  His main concern was that the folks there were not going to be willing to pay for a cash-based treatment like this. 

I was sitting in the waiting room with the device waiting to go to a treatment room to set it up for the demo when a very nice middle-aged woman sitting across from me asked what it was. I explained how the crystals would get sucked through an opening in the handpiece to exfoliate and this treatment along with a good topical product would rejuvenate the skin.

She asked how much the treatment would cost and I said most offices were charging around $125.00 per treatment and most people usually got one a month for 3-4 months and then did a maintenance every few months after that. I also shared what the doctor had told me about not being sure if people there would pay for such a service. 

She thought about it for a few seconds and said, “Honey, let me tell you something.  Last year my husband bought a bass boat.  This is gonna be MY bass boat”. 

The doctor ended up buying the system and when I went back for training 2-3 weeks later the same woman was there as a volunteer to be treated and had brought two of her friends to see it.  His staff was very excited to be adding it to the practice and had told several patients and friends who were on board to sign up.  He did very well and later added more equipment. 

This was a great example of how patients are often willing to pay for a visit to do something they choose to do that makes them feel good about themselves.  


For more information, go to:  https://lasercoach.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog